As always, don’t treat these questions like “homework” and don’t try to answer every one. Instead, make time to meditate and reflect on them and pick one question that speaks to you. Which question is “yours” today?
– How would you describe the current leg of your journey? Taking the first step? Down an alley? Climbing a hill? Coasting? Cruising? Sauntering? Lost? Hitchhiking? Running on empty? Full tan? Planning to get off at the next exit? Hoping that a rest area comes soon? Waiting for GPS to recalibrate? Off the map? Stuck in traffic? Sick of the commute? Thankful for the carpool? Standing at a fork in the road? 🙂
– What friend has walked your journey with you the longest? How would you articulate the unique gift of this friendship?
– If you are a parent, what is the most important thing you’ve encouraged your child(ren) to pack for their journey?
– Whose journey do you wish wasn’t cut short? Who do you wish was still on the road with you? Have you figured out what treasures or clues they’ve left behind for you to find?
– Tell/share/write/meditate on the story of your journey thus far as an adventure story.
– What is the most important thing you’ve learned about getting lost?
– Is there someone that needs you to notice they can’t quite make the next step on their journey without your support?
– How are you called to make the journeys of others possible?
– What if someone asked you “Where are you going?” instead of “Where are you from?”
– Do you dwell on everything that you have lost? Or focus on everything that you have yet to find?
– What if the obstacles in front of us aren’t in the way of our lives, but instead are our lives?
– What has been your favourite twist or turn on the road?
(Curated and adapted for KUF from the 2019 Soul Matters materials for the theme ‘JOURNEY’ by Rev. Beckett Coppola.)