Social Justice Links
- On May 28, 2021, Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc First Nation in British Columbia announced the tragic discovery of the remains of 215 children on the grounds of the former Kamloops Indian Residential School.
How can you respond?
The Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) created 94 Calls to Action which have not been completed. There are meaningful ways that you can urge our government to take further action on these steps.
- Watch Sandi Boucher’s video released on May 30 where she speaks about the 215 Children.
- Sandi Boucher was a speaker in the Treaty As Sacred Covenant speakers series, organized by the Truth and Reconciliation Working Group (TRWG). You can watch all 8 videos in the series here.
- Write a letter to your MP, urging that the government commit to completing the Calls to Action of the TRC.
841 Princess St
Kingston, ON K7L 1G7
We grieve together with all the families and all those who have been impacted by the news of these deaths. We acknowledge and stand by those who have been using their voices to speak for decades on behalf of the thousands of missing children. We pray for all those who have memories and scars from their time in residential schools and for those who have been retraumatized by this news.
May we find our way forward together, always aspiring to be more radically welcoming and always expanding our capacity to engage in the practice of becoming that is the Beloved Community.
- Video by Greta Thunberg and George Monbiot on the Climate Crisis
- Planet plastic: How Big Oil and Big Soda kept a global environmental calamity a secret for decades
- The Five Environmental Stories that could define 2020 by Laura Paddison, HuffPost
- Five climate issues Canada will have to tackle in 2020
- When it comes ot climate hypocrisy, Canada’s leaders have reached a new low by Bill McKibben