[ CO-OP PROGRAM ]
This course is the basis for entry level managerial career in hotel management or restaurant and banquet, catering and the food service and hospitality industry.
1. Introduction to the Hospitality Industry - History of the industry; its organization & structure; and the various divisions which make up the lodging and food service sectors.
2. Supervision in the Hospitality Industry - Students explore long-term supervisory and management careers in the hotel and food service management and other aspects of the hospitality industry.
3. Introduction to Management in the Hospitality - Students will have an overall view of long-term careers in a managerial position in all facets of the hospitality industry.
4. Managing Service in Food and Beverage Operations - Introduce students to management and operations of food and beverage provision in the hospitality industry.
5. Hospitality Financial Accounting - Introduce students to and provide students with tools to learn accounting procedures in the hotel management and hospitality industry.
6. Effective Sales and Marketing - Current trends; marketing plans; the sales office; personal sales; telephone sales; Internal sales; restaurant /lounge sales; catering/ meeting room sales; advertising & public relations; and business travelers/ travel agents/other special segments.
7. OPERA Computer Reservations System - An overview of the lodging industry; hotel organization & reservations; registration; responsibilities; accounting; check out and bill settlement; night audit; planning & evaluating; revenue control; and human resources.
8. Field Placement - An opportunity to gain vital work experience in the Hospitality/Tourism field.
Full-Time - Courses are offered from Monday through Friday. Morning and Evening Classes are available.
|Hotel Management Diploma||75 Weeks|