At Vedder Steel, we have the shop, the equipment, and the experienced employees to handle projects of any size. We have vast experience in heavy rigging, working off water and working with helicopters.
Over the years, we have successfully completed many projects of various size and scope for General Contractors, and Owners in Vancouver and throughout the Lower Mainland.
We are expert Seismic Upgrading Specialists and have 40 years of experience in this field. Seismic Upgrades provides a sample of our work.
We are most proud, however, of the fact that the vast majority of our work is done for repeat customers.
Gerry and his team are available for consulting on your projects. Contact us for more information.
Engineering, Drafting and Services
- Design and procedures reviewed by SKC Engineering 19165 - 94 Ave., Surrey. BC, V4N 3S4
- Architectural structural steel and miscellaneous metals detailing
- Erecting procedure design and implementation using all types of erecting equipment including cranes, derricks, hoists, rigging, falsework and spreader bars ...
- Heavy equipment and machinery installation
- Aluminum Welding
- Stainless Steel Welding
Plant and Equipment
- Shop area - 16000 sq.ft. with large yard area
- 2 five tone overhead cranes
- - 200 feet x 50 feet x 22 feet
- - 120 feet x 50 feet x 22 feet
- Metalshearing - ½" x 10' capacity - 350 tons
- Iron worker capacity - ¾" plate, angle, channels, 100 tons
- Automated band saw - 18" square capacity .005" accuracy
- Plasma cutting - ½"steel capacity
- Radial arm drill - 2" steel capacity
- Lathe (machining) 14" x 60" capacity
- Stud welding 2 x 2400 amps 1½" capacity
Affiliations & Certifications
- The Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) -
Meet Our Staff
|Gerry Innes, owner of Vedder Steel||Brandon Hsiung, Project Manager & Head Draftsman|
|Sakshi Singla, Project Coordinator/Estimator||Raymond Innes, Head site superintendent|
|Cheri Laurie, HR/Accounting|